|Graduating Computer Science students of Akwa Ibom State University in a photo session with some lecturers|
The project defence put up by Mr. Effiong Fortune Idorenyin with matric nos AK13/NAS/CSC/012 made one of the greatest impact during the exercise and Prof. Longe was intrigued by Mr. Effiong.
|Prof. Olumide Babatope Longe|
He said the device could only function within a ten meter radius. After his presentation, Prof. Longe was so fascinated that he doled out benefits on Fortune. Some of which are:
- Prof. Longe invited him to present the same work at the International Conference of Computing, coming up at Lagos between April/May this year.
- He promised Fortune a free to and fro airline ticket
- He promised Fortune free accommodation and feeding.
- At the end, Prof. Longe stated that he was so encouraged by the quality of works he saw. To that end, he promised a free publication of any paper that came out of these works. Again, he promised to give a 67% discount to any member of staff form the department of Computer Science, Akwa Ibom State University that is interested in attending the International Conference.
- He also donated proceedings of conferences, journals, and fliers to the department.
- Finally, he thanked the Vice-Chancellor Prof. Eno J. Ibanga and members of council, for granting him the opportunity of experiencing great innovations in this part of the country.
Prof. Olumide Longe charged the director of ICT (Dr. Etebong Isong) who doubled as a lecturer in the department, to see a way of
incorporating some of the research works that used the school as a case study
at the ICT department. He
emphasized that this will greatly improve the visibility, standard and overall
acceptability of the school.
|A group photograph showing IT-whiz-kid Mr. Effiong Fortune (circled in red)|
Congratulations to the Graduating students of Computer Science department and indeed Akwa Ibom State University. Well done and keep the flag flying!