The management of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has published a set of guidelines for the prospective corps members following the uploading of call-up letters for the 2016 Batch B Stream 1 orientation course on the NYSC Portal.
They are as follows:
(1) The call-up letter is a proof that you have been called-up for National Service. You must therefore present it to the state Coordinator, National Youth Service Corps of the state you are deployed to before you can be registered. All persons called-up are those whose results have been approved by the University Senate or the Polytechnic Academic Board and are also presented by their institutions to the National Youth Service Corps for mobilization. Registration at the camp shall only be for a period of 2 days. Be informed that there shall be no further registration in camp after the cut-off date and time.
(2) For the registration procedure however, you are requested to bring to camp your original statement of result, Institution identity card and 8 recent passport photographs. In addition, if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
(3) Arrangement has been made to pay the sum of One Thousand Five Hundred Naira (
N1500) as Transport
Allowance in the camp. Also the sum of One Thousand Naira ( N1000) shall be
paid to you as local Transport Allowance. The above allowances are to be
collected at the orientation camp of your state of deployment.
- It is an offence to serve more than once in the NYSC scheme.
- Prospective corps members are prohibited from bringing automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles etc. to camp.
- That your one year of continuous national service begins from the date you report for service at the orientation camp
- Prospective corps members are reminded that national service is about service to the fatherland; therefore they need to accept their deployment to any state in good faith. However, relocation is granted only to married women, to enable them join their husbands, and those with life threating ailments.
- Nigerian graduates who are foreign-trained should in addition to their academic certificates be ready to present their travelling documents (International Passports) etc. for verification at the point of registration.
You are to report to the Orientation Camp with your functional Bank Account Number and Bank Verification Number (BVN). The NYSC programme is for a continuous period of 12months and you must abide by this after registration at the orientation camp.