Candidates who applied for Supplementary and Direct Entry (DE) admission into Akwa Ibom State University as well as the general public are hereby informed that the Admission Screening exercise into first degree programmes of Akwa Ibom State University will hold from the Monday the 7th of November to Friday, the 11th of November, 2016 at the Main Campus, Ikot Akpaden – Mkpat Enin L.G.A from 9am daily.
A breakdown of the screening schedule reveals that on Monday 07/11/2016 by 9am, candidates who applied to be admitted into the department of English/Literary studies, History/International studies, Mass Communication, Performing/Theatre Arts, Philosophy, and Religious/Cultural studies will be screened. By 12noon of the same day (Monday 07/11/2016), the screening exercise will proceed to screen candidates who applied for admission into the department of Education Biology, Education Chemistry, Education Integrated Science, Education Mathematics, Education Physics, Agricultural Economics/extension, Animal Science, Crop Science as well as Soil Science
By 9am on Tuesday, the 8th of November, it will be the turn of candidates who applied for admission to study Marine Engineering, while at 12noon of the same Tuesday, applicant into Electrical/Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering department will be screened.
By 9am on Wednesday 09/11/2016, the screening exercise will shift to candidates who applied to read Microbiology and Marine Biology, while Biological science, Botany, Genetics/ biotechnology, Zoology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics applicants will be attended to by 12nooon of Wednesday.
Candidates for Public Administration will take their turn on Thursday, the 10th of November by 9am, while the screening of candidates applying for admission into the department of Accounting and Business administration will take place on the same Thursday by 12nooon.
The last day for the exercise (Friday, the 11th of November 2016) will handle candidates who applied for admission into the department of Agricultural Engineering, Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering and Civil Engineering. Their scheduled time is 9am. By 12noon, the screening exercise of candidates applying to be admitted into the department of Economics, Marketing and Political Science will hold.
Candidates are once more reminded to appear for screening exercise with the following:
- Screening schedule slip printed from the University portal. If you don't have yours, click here
- 2016 UTME result slip showing the candidate’s photograph in colour. (DE candidates should provide their JAMB DE registration slip).
- Photocopies of credentials and result checking scratch card (NECO, WAEC, NABTEB, as the case may be) or O’Level examination registration slip (for candidates awaiting result). Candidates are advised to purchase genuine WAEC, NECO and NABTEB result scratch cards from e-library of the University (main campus) on their respective screening dates.
- Quarto sized envelope with Name, desired Course of Study and UTME/DE registration number boldly written on it.
- Four (4) recent coloured passport-size photograph.
- Copy of Certificate of origin from the Local Government.
Kindly make use of the LIKE and SHARE buttons below this post, to ensure your friends get to read the above as well.
We wish all candidates, a successful Admission screening exercise.