In an age of declining economy, below are thirty (30) Successful Small Businesses in Nigeria one can start in 2016. Small Agricultural businesses for example, are the most successful small business in Nigeria that requires little capital start up. Most of the major inputs are space (land), water and the viable breeds (crops, animals, etc). The businesses can be started as a sole-proprietor and then grown to Limited Liability Company.
(a) Small Lucrative Agricultural Businesses
1. Poultry farming business
2. Fishery Business (catfish and Tilapia Rearing)
3. Snail Rearing Business
4. Piggery Business
6. Livestock feed production
7. Floral business (Growing flower ) – the best floral money-makers, include:
- Cut flowers - Everlastings - Woody Ornamentals - Flower bulbs
8. Maize processing Business
9. Rice Milling Business
10. Cassava processing Business
11. Palm oil Processing Business
(b) Special Business Services
The major inputs or materials for this type of business include: canopies, chairs, tables, stools, table dress cloth, big cooking utensils, and ribbons for hiring and manpower. These types of businesses are not difficult to start. It will best suit women than men but anybody can as well start the business.
12. Rental Service Business
13. Event Management business
14. Party Planner and Event Planner Business
15. Bakery confectioneries
(c) Successful Educational Sector Business
The major inputs in these businesses are computer, manpower and space.
16. Home tutoring and Coaching Business
17. Tutorial and Lesson centre Business
18. Catering centre and Catering school business
19. Nanny Service and Day care centre
20. Self empowerment centre and Workshop centre
21. Computer and business school
(d) Computer and Technology Service Business
The major materials needed are computer or laptop, sets of screw drivers and testers, printing machine, phones and mobile phones, internet connection and manpower.
22. Computer repair and services Business
23. Mobile phone repairs Business
24. Mobile apps development
25. Games development
26. Graphic Designer and Printing business
27. Directory Publisher
28. Mobile money agents business
(e) Profitable Special Production Business
29. Liquid soap production business
30. Perfume, and body ornamental production business
In our next Entrepreneurship article, we will aksu360 will attempt to examine the advantage(s) of small business over the big ones, if any.